MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Laparoscopic & General Surgeon
I am pleased to announce that I am now working in Private Practice at St. Vincent’s Private, Werribee and John Fawkner Hospital.
Mr. Mohammad Rafique is an experienced and highly qualified laparoscopic and general surgeon and a GESA accredited endoscopist.
Mr. Mohammad Rafique is a fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeon and has been working as a consultant specialist since 2010. He is a lecturer at the University of Melbourne Medical School and have public appointments at Western Health and Werribee Mercy Hospital. Mr. Rafique has extensive research background and achieved a PhD in General Surgery from Japan.
Mr. Mohammad Rafique has a special interest in laparoscopic bowel resections and hernias as well as diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies. He is skilled in all general surgical procedures including:
- Skin and Benign Breast lesions
- Laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic and open splenectomy
- Laparoscopic and open colectomy (large bowel resections)
- Laparoscopic and open abdominal wall hernia
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic small bowel resections
- Medical and Surgical treatment of Hemorrhoid and Anal Fissure
- Pilonidal Surgery
- Circumcision, Hydrocele, Vasectomy
- Carpal tunnel release
- Ingrown Toenails
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopies
Mr. Rafique consults at the following locations and has admitting rights for elective and emergency patients at the following private hospitals
St. Vincent’s Private Hospital John Fawkner Consulting Rooms
240 Hoppers Lane 267 Moreland Road
Werribee, VIC 3030 Coburg, VIC 3058